Become a USPAACC Certified Business
What is the USPAACC Certification?
The USPAACC certification increases business opportunities with Fortune companies and Government agencies. Since 1989, USPAACC’s Asian American Business Certification program has provided corporate and government supplier diversity and small business programs with qualified and quality suppliers they seek.
Certified members have the advantage of being selected for consideration for minority contract opportunities when they become available. Over the course of 29-years, USPAACC has leveraged its strong ties and relationships with prime contractors and Federal agencies to successfully match its supplier members with Fortune corporations and Government agencies.
How can I certify my business?
Follow these guidelines to be certified through the Asian Chamber:
- Eligibility: Business must be a member of the Asian American Chamber of Commerce of Kansas City, and be at least 51% owned, controlled, and operated by Asian American(s) and/or other minority(ies).
- To prepare an application:
- Be a member of the Asian American Chamber of Commerce of Kansas City.
- Complete the USPAACC Certification Program application form.
- Provide the required documents listed on the Document Checklist (page 9). Follow the order of the Document Checklist and separate each category of the document with a sheet of color paper (any color will do).
- Include a non-refundable certification processing fee ($330). Make check payable to Asian American Chamber of Commerce of Kansas City, or provide your credit card information (page 8).
- Send your application form and required documents to the Asian Chamber by mail, fax or email.
Asian American Chamber of Commerce of Kansas City
8645 College Boulevard, Suite 110
Overland Park, KS 66210
- Site Visit: After a complete review of your application, and if the documentation is in order, the Asian Chamber will contact you for a site visit appointment. Site visit is critical to ensure that at least 51% of the business is owned, controlled, and operated by Asian American(s) and/or other minority(ies). Our corporate and/or other purchasing members must be confident that they will be contracting with minority suppliers pursuant to their supplier diversity program.
- Certification: If you pass the documentation review and site visit interview, your business will be certified by the USPAACC as one that is owned, controlled, and operated by Asian American(s) and/or other minority(ies). If the application is not certified, the applicant could file an appeal with USPAACC within 60 days. USPAACC will review from the beginning and make a final decision and notify the applicant.
- Renewal: Your certification is valid for one year. The expiration date will be on the upper right corner on your Certificate. Please contact the Asian Chamber of Kansas City for renewal before it expires.